Friday, August 14, 2015

Three Days in Copenhagen, 8-10 July 2015

Copenhagen was my last stop for my 2 weeks journey to Scandinavia (http://joelscandinavia2015.blogspot.com/).
Years ago, when I read that Scandinavia, including Denmark, has one of the highest living standard in the world and environmentally super friendly place, I imagined super clean, super in-order city.
Though it was not like what I was thinking, the city is more crowded and not that super clean and super in-order, it is a pretty nice city with many historical building and nice cafes.
They said that Danish people, people living in Denmark, is the happiest people in the world.
Yes I could see that during my visit, local people, especially white people, were very friendly and smiley (on other side, I felt local Asian immigrants were not friendly).

Copenhagen has collection of nice hostels, that I found difficulties to choose ones, since I stayed only two nights. They have the biggest youth hostel in Europe (maybe in the world), called Danhostel, is just like a tower hotel. Finally I chose Urban House, and I was happy about my decision. I also stayed in Woodah Hostel, attracted to the free yoga every morning and free organic breakfast, but... mmh I should've stayed in Urban House more. Urban House is a really cool hostel, with cool interior, cool bar and well management, located just few minutes from the central station.

I felt Danish people is very strict in time.
Twice, I was left by the train in front of my nose, the conductor didn't even want to wait for a second to let me in. Another example, I booked the famous and popular Schønnemann Restaurant, came 30 minutes late, and they said they had sold my table already.

Well, this is the list of what I like about my stay in Copenhagen.
1. Urban House hostel
2. Nyhavn, my favourite place in Copenhagen, pretty harbor in the canal, with colorful buildings.
3. Canal tour, is a must-do thing in Copenhagen. Choose the yellow company.
4. Free Walking tour, a nice introduction to the city, started from City Hall and end in Nyhavn.
5. Transportation system is very convenient. Buying a transport pass, 1 day or 3 day is a must, otherwise single journey is too expensive.


Nyhavn, or the New Harbor

Little Mermaid and big me :)

Smørrebrød, the Danish open face sandwich

changing of the guard at Amelienborg Palace

No comments: