Sunday, May 31, 2015

Nobu Doha




Finally, after waiting for 4-5 years, I ate at Nobu Doha.
Yes, about 4-5 years ago, when I was in Qatar that time, it said that Nobu Doha would open soon, but till I was demobilized 2012, the restaurant still had not opened. There was a news that the project was cancelled.
Am happy that it finally opened, after I returned to Qatar again this time.

I knew Nobu-san from Japanese TV program called 情熱大陸, the program that tell the stories about great Japanese people to be proud of. Nobu-san left Japan and started his first restaurant in New York. Now he became famous internationally, and opened many restaurants over the world.

Nobu Doha is located literally on the say, in the edge of ferry pier, behind Four Season Hotel.
Though the price is expensive for my standard, since in Doha a lot of rich people, locals and high paid expats, when I was there it was full.

With 4 Japanese colleagues, avoiding choosing food from the big menu collection, we decided to take Omakase course. Omakase literally means "up-to-you" or "you choose for me". There are 2 omakase courses, QAR 450 and QAR 650, we took the cheaper one.
It was quite a volume, started with sushi, ended with 2 deserts.
What made unsatisfyingly expensive was the drink.
In Japan, any restaurants provide free hot tea or water, but here, they charged QAR 35 for a glass of green tea, and QAR 55-65 for a tea pot.
Would love to come back though.

http://www.noburestaurants.com/doha/experience-3/




No comments: