Saturday, February 25, 2012

Japanese Drum - Irish Pub - The Woman In Black - Murakami Ego's Weekend

My Weekend in Qatar on 23-24 February 2012

The Japanese taiko (drum) performance by Eitetsu Hayashi and Fu-un no kai in Katara, Doha was really amazing. Though it was not first time for me to see the Japanese drum performance, but this was the best. Can't believe that Mr. Hayashi is 60 years old. The performance was exciting with full of variety of rhytm and movement by four young drummers belong to Fu-un no kai. There was also one Japanese flute soloist (though there was incident he was coughing during his performance). Great value for QAR 50 ticket. This even was brought by Japanese Embassy to celebrate Qatar-Japan 40 years relationship.
http://www.eitetsu.net/
素晴らしい和太鼓のパーフォーマンすをカタールで見れました。



After the drum show, Ms.YK dropped me to DZ apartment in The Pearl. After having a pre-party in the apartment, for the first time, I succeeded to enter Sheraton's Irish Pub. I have tried several times to enter this pub, but failed due to couple night policy. I even had made membership club before. Male had to pay QAR 100 (changeable for 2 drinks) for entrance. With Spanish speaking gang, I enjoyed the dancing in the pub with popular songs.

DZ kindly let me stay in his place in the Pearl and prepared a nice breakfast of mushroom omelet and Mexican bean. We decided to watch movie The Woman In Black, starred by Daniel Redcliff, the Harry Potter. DZ told me that it was originated from a play. It was a horror movie. DZ jumped of shock 4 times during the movie :)

After having an afternoon soup at Dean & Deluca with Mexican friends, we went to Murakami Ego's exhibition near Museum of Islamic Arts. This is another event to celebrate Qatar-Japan 40 years. I have never heard about Murakami until I met the Japanese students at the Wheel n Heal event on earlier this month. The exhibition is showing painting of cartoons, and characters created by Murakami, like Kiki and Kaikai, and Mr.DOB. Not only painting, but also figures of the characters. In the middle of the building, there was tent showing movies. Cute exhibition.






No comments: